Please note - my blog used to be found here :http://jeybird8.blogspot.com/ unfortunately I can no longer access that account.

Friday 18 February 2011

Weekend Lunch - Mountain Bread Nachos

P1060714

Janet often has her version of nachos for lunch on the weekends.  The Janet Nachos involves Corn chips and cheese. The Ali version of Nachos has a few more ingredients, but is still very simple!

I begin by making the chips from Mountain bread - I cut 2 pieces of Mountain Bread into triangles and bake in a hot oven until crispy (only takes a few minutes)

I make the "meaty topping" by mixing Quorn mince with taco sauce or tomato salsa (sometimes I substitute Kidney Beans for the Quorn Mince- just dont make it too wet, or you will Have soggy chips).  I warm this mix up in the microwave before dolloping on top of the crisp Mountain bread chips, topping with grated cheese and baking in the oven until the cheese is melted. Yummo!!

1 comment:

  1. mmm an interesting use for mountain bread! I have seen this on the packet and wondered if it tastes good or not.

    ReplyDelete