Please note - my blog used to be found here :http://jeybird8.blogspot.com/ unfortunately I can no longer access that account.

Thursday 5 January 2012

Dinner from the Garden - Kataifi Pastry Corn Fritters

The goody bag I received on the Christmas Bus Tour contained a packet of this Kataifi Pastry.  We were given a recipe to make some haloumi wrapped in the pastry.  I decided to be a little experimental and put it to use with these fritters....because I din't have any haloumi, and too lazy to visit shops!

To make the fritter mixture, I raided my vegie garden...

In a small food processor, finely chop 1 onion, 1 red chilli, 1 small red capsicum and a handful of fresh herbs.

In a bowl beat together 3 eggs, with a splash of soy sauce, about 1/2 a cup of wholemeal flour and half a teaspoon of baking powder.

TO the egg mixture, add the chopped herby onion mix and the kernals cut from a cob of corn.


Kataifi Pastry Corn Fritters
Then, with your pastry, make small round rings, and place into a lightly oiled pan.


Kataifi Pastry Corn Fritters

Put a spoonful of the fritter mix in the centre of the pastry ring


Kataifi Pastry Corn Fritters
flip over when browned on one side, and cook until done


Kataifi Pastry Corn Fritters

You end up with a fritter surrounded by nice crispy pastry strands.

3 comments:

  1. Yummm... Like the look of that!!!
    Love the last photo, Just wanted to pick 'em up and eat 'em off the screen!
    Keep up the good work! - Kara x
    www.littlepracticalfrog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I have not used mine yet, they are in the freezer. This looks like a great idea!

    (Going to have to leave a comment via blogger, your word verification keeps rejecting me)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't work out how to get rid of the word verification! I am working on it!

    ReplyDelete